As you know, at the end of last year Huntly and District Development Trust commissioned the Greenmyres community wind turbine. That milestone marked the culmination of 6+ years of hard graft by a whole team of people and organisations. We think a celebration is in order and attached is your invitation to the party!
- Date: Sunday 3rd September
- Time: 12.00-16.00, with the opening ceremony itself held at 14.00.
- Location: Greenmyres Farm, Drumblade, Huntly, Aberdeenshire, AB54 6AG (click HERE for directions).
A range of activities will be on offer during the event, including guided tours of the community farm, information stalls from some of our partners, supporters and local organisations, and music and dance from local groups. A shuttle bus service will be available from Huntly Town Centre.
Please remember that we have located the wind turbine in a windy location on a farm with ‘myres’ in its name. It can therefore be windy, wet and cold on the site, even at the start of September. Please dress accordingly!
The Greenmyres event is open to our whole community and forms part of this year’s Huntly Hairst Food and Farming Festival. The first day of the festival is held in Huntly Town Centre and features a range of entertainment:
- An extended all day Farmers Market (usually around 50+ stalls selling produce from around the area)
- The Room to Roam Fun Run with a number of distances on offer (enter at www.roomtorun.uk but move quickly as places are selling out fast)
- Children’s tea party and entertainments
- Local musicians and dancers
Why not make a weekend of it!?
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday 3rd September to celebrate this important step for our community.